Thursday, September 02, 2010

New Marvel collections


I got some new books in from Marvel last week. Nice collections of some of the stuff I've done in the past. First up is this Excalibur paperback:

Excalibur Visionaries: Warren Ellis Vol. 2

Hard to believe I was 19-20 when I worked on this stuff! Hopefully I got a little better in past 16 years. It is weird to flip through this and have instant recall of what I was doing or listening to while drawing particular pages. Lots of memories of David Bowie and Richard Case! Loud, late-nite drawing with my buddy.

Nice to see these new colors on the Pacheco cover! Looks great. This is the first time Warren's Excalibur is being collected, so I'm glad to see it. Volume 3 will have the majority of my run, but this one has my first 3 issues.

Also new, is this giant Exiles TPB:

Exiles Ultimate Collection Book 5

I've only got 1 issue in this big book but it was fun to look through. I'll be curious if they continue with these Ultimate Collections through the Jeff Parker run where I drew a lot more. We'll see.

No comments: